Good Shepherd NGO Representatives to the United Nations in New York (Winifred) and Geneva (Hedwig Joehl) unite with our partners around the world to end violence against women and girls. In January 2013 we published a report of our work in 24 countries. Respondents from Egypt, India and Myanmar all reported that an “environment that easily accepts acts of Violence against women, that normalizes the fact that women are beaten, and that considers women inferior to men” pose a challenge to introducing concepts of gender equality and women’s rights. Read more English French Spanish
Share with us what you are doing for the 16 days of activism. Orange Good Shepherd world, your Twitter account and Facebook page.
- Reread our 6 position papers – Human Trafficking, Economic Justice, Migration, Prostitution, Girls and Ecology
- Check out Handcrafting Justice
- See the work at our Good Shepherd InternationalFoundation
- Read about the ministry to girls and boys at Good Shepherd Services New York
- Learn how Good Shepherd Australia are leading the way in Microfinance
- Read Statement submitted to CEDAW Committee from Good Shepherd Colombia
- Read Statement submitted to CEDAW Committee from Democratic Republic of Congo
- Read Statement submitted to CEDAW Committee from Hungary
Working to end violence against women and girls every day!